Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ELF Mini Haul

E.L.F recently had a 40% off sale so I bought a few items I've been curious about. I'm pretty happy with these products, however I did spent hours looking for swatches and reviews before culling my shopping list!


Mechanical Eyelash Curler- I like it's design for gripping and it does'nt pinch. The width of the curler is just right but I can't get close to the base of my lashes. It leaves a crimp rather than a curl. Most reviews for this have been positive. 
Studio Cream Eyeshadow Candlelight - good for highlighting. This is my first cream eyeshadow and I'm pleased with it's non-creaseability and staying power. It's packaging is excessive though. 
Nail Polish - Cranberry. Love this dark shimmery red.
Nail Polish - Mod Mauve. Not at all like the colour on the website. Its looks more brown than mauve. 
Nail Polish - Pearl Pink. An metallic semi-neon pale pink with a blue sheen. Colour does'nt suit me and it's poorly pigmented. Needs four coats to get it opaque. 
Clarifying Pressed Powder Honey (tone 2) - Love this! Perfect little case for touchups. Don't need to use lot as it would look cakey. Blots away the oilies. I also bought Spice but it was too orangey to be useful so will be chucking it out.
Matte Finisher Clear Nail Polish - a friend recommended this and I love it too! It extends your nail polish collection and the matte effect is funky. 
Studio High Definition Powder - ridiculously huge packaging. Only need a tiny bit as I found it to be drying. Feels like it was sucking the moisture out of my skin. It's promised to reduce the look of wrinkles and pores but I can't really notice an effect. Best used with a brush rather than the puff supplied. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails