Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How To Control Raging Excema

Winter has caused my excema to flare up and I've given up on non-steroid creams. None I've tried can tame the angry patches on my forearms and calves. (Interesting how excema forms symmetrically on both axises of the body).

My excema is getting so bad that I'm scratching like a madwoman. Its unsightly, uncomfortable and infuriating!

So without resorting to cortisone creams, I've learned a practically magic trick to keep the itchiness at bay and calm the affected areas. For me it really works and it even temporarily cures my excema after a few days.

So I'll let you in on my secret. I stick skin tape directly over the affected areas (cleaned and dried). The tape is porous, gentle and provides a protective barrier against irritants and dryness. The effect is immediate and soothing. I can go to the gym, shower with it on and take it off after a few days or when it starts to look manky.

There's no urge to itch and when the tape comes off, my skin is calm and soft. Its like normal skin again! The tape does an even better job than steroid creams because I don't need to apply anything while the tape is on.

And because it's winter, my arms and legs are covered so no one is to know. Well, except when I'm working out at the gym but the tape gives the impression of sporting battle wounds :)

Give it a try if you feel like excema's ravaging your life. Let me know if this works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails