Monday, July 20, 2009

NYX Doll Eye Mascara - Volume and Long Lash

After reading rave reviews on Makeup Alley, I gave NYX Doll Eye Mascara a try. I bought both formulations, Volume and Long Lash for $7.95 USD each online.

Both looks exactly the same with the packaging and brush. As you can see in the picture, the brush is tapered and thicker at the ends.

Tried the Volume mascara first and I was'nt thrilled. It was a dry formula so I had to swipe quite a few times for any effect on my lashes. It did'nt give a noticeable lengthening or volumizing look. Towards the end of the day, tiny flakes would fall under my eyes. The only plus was that it did'nt clump.

The Long Lash formulation was definitely better. Again, it was a dry formula but after two coats, my lashes were noticeably fatter and longer. I can see the tiny fibers which build up the lashes. The product is very black so it made my lashes POP which is exactly the effect I'm after. It stayed on all day without flaking and does'nt clump as long as you apply no more than two thin coats.

While it's already good value for money, I would only buy the Long Lash again if it was on sale. It's not perfect as I've had better results with Diorshow. I'll keep looking for the perfect mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails