Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Clarisonic Mia vs The Body Shop Facial Brush

My skin is looking horrid these days. Congested, dull, oily and my pores are huge-mungous.

I stumbled across a forum discussing the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing system. It's been around for years and many swear by it. Pricey though. Is'nt it just a glorified electric version of the brush you see here?

The smallest model is the Mia and it comes in white, purple, pink and blue. Priced at £120, I got mine from Space NK. It comes with a magnetically connecting charger cable and a small tube of cleanser. The next model up cost considerably more but the brush is the same size. The device is chunkier and comes with a charging stand, more functions (beeping, timing and speeds), extra sample products and a body brush attachment.

It has a 30 day money back guarantee so I can get a refund if I'm not happy with it. Better than wasting money on imitation products I reakon.

Because the Mia needs to be initially charged for 24 hours, I bought the "manual version" from The Body Shop for £3 to test in the meantime.

The Body Shop brush is compact so I find it easier to control the pressure. It comes with a lid to protect the soft bristles. The purpose of the brush is to lightly exfoliate, stimulate circulation, improve skin tone and texture.

I wet the brush and my face, apply a little cleanser gel and away I scrub for two minutes before rinsing. And the result? I still feel bumps but my skin looks smoother and radiant. My pores shrunk but they reverted back to normal not long after. Still, a great result for the price.

Posting a review on the Mia shortly so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm very interested! So many people rave about the Clarisonic Mia so it will be interesting to see how this compares, looking forward to the review! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails