Sunday, May 24, 2009

Designer Brands Eyeshadow Quad

Following my cheap thrills post, I bought this eyeshadow palette from Designer Brands for $7 AUD. It's a New Zealand brand but made in China. They describe their products to be as good as MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinque, you name 'em.


I like the simple crystal packaging. This quad is called Mother Earth, containing a pale matt beige and three frosty browns. All four colours are perfect for everyday use.

It's silky in application and it's fairly pigmented. The eyeshadow picks up cleanly on the brush and transfers where it's are supposed to. Blending was easy.

The only downside was that the colour does'nt last. I noticed fading after three hours. By the end of the day, I could barely see any remaining on my lids! 

Errrr...I guess naturally fast removal is a plus?

So Designer Brands is not as good as any department store brand. It applies well and it's cheap but I won't repurchase again. It needs to be more pigmented and last longer to even compare with the big brands!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails