Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tangle Teezer - Are They Worth It?

Some people at my work can probably tell, I hate brushing my hair. Passing a brush through my hair meant snagging and frizzing so I avoid it. One day I forgot to carry my Denman shampoo brush and thought I'd try the Tangle Teezer.

My friend had recommended them after she got a haircut at Headmasters and found the brush to feel amazing on her scalp. She rang them the next day to ask what they used and now has three Tangle Teezers of the normal size. I them found too big for my hand so I bought the compact styler, which comes with a handy snap-on bristle protector. It's useful since the bristles are really soft and would trap a lot of dust in my handbag.

I bought this compact for £10.20 including shipping on Ebay. You can also buy them for less than RRP on Amazon. I like the leopard print as it stands out in my bag.

A side view. The compact styler is the perfect size and has a bit of weight. I'm less likely to drop it or have it fly out of my hand when using it.

The bristles are softer and more flexible than the Denman shampoo brush. If you have thick hair, you'll need to use it in sections as it may not pass through all of your hair. On my hair, it does the job nicely and gives a gentle scalp massage.

So the verdict? I think Tangle Teezers are worth it as it does what it says. It's a stylish functional accessory. The bristles are gentle on my fine hair. Tangles are easy to brush out and my hair is smooth and tamed. I don't hesitate to brush now. That's also good for my colleagues, ha ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails