Sunday, January 19, 2014

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay


One of the first things that can be read on the back is "FEEL YOUR FACE PULSATE". With an opening statement like that, how could this go wrong?

I stumbled onto this product after seeing rave reviews on makeupalley. Apparently I've been living under a rock all this time and not heard of Aztec Secret. It's touted as more effective that Queen Helene's Mint Julip mask and you can really feel your face pulsate. The cheap price tag did it for me so I ordered from Ebay and this massive tub arrived.

It says it's good for 10-15 facials but seriously, this has got to be a couple of years supply. I hardly do facials because I'm lazy and when I do, I use it sparingly because I have sensitive skin. You're supposed to mix this is raw apple cider vinegar which I also ordered from Amazon but since that hadn't arrived yet, I tried the mask made with water. It was easy to mix however I suggest adding the water little by little to avoid lumps, like making gravy.

Lucky I only used water because as it started to dry, I indeed felt my face pulsating like it was being sucked by the pores. It was uncomfortable but since I only applied a thin layer, it totally dried up in 20 minutes and I washed it off. Goodness knows what would happen if I used vinegar. The clay stiffened and contracted so it was pulling my skin in. 

The results are good. I don't have acne but I do get terrible blackheads and over time this will minimise them. You can tell it makes more of a difference than QHMJM and I'm not just saying that because my face was being sucked dry. My pores were finer, my skin texture was smoother and radiant. My blackheads were reduced too. 

I mixed too much clay so I kept the excess for another round later in the week. My forehead was really itchy after so I won't be using the mask on my forehead or cheeks. It's too erhhh...pulsating? I can't think of why I reacted to it but it's doing the right job on my nose and chin. Reading from the reviews, the reaction will ease with repeated use. 

Reasons why I like it:
1) Reduces pore size and sucks blackheads dry.
2) Skin tone/texture is more radiant and smooth.
3) It's cheap. I got mine for £8.45 including shipping.
4) You get a lot for your money.
5) It's 100% clay powder so it will never go off in storage.
6) It's natural and scent free.
7) It feels like it's working on my skin.

Reasons why I don't like: 
1) It can be painful. Just apply a thin layer and don't leave it on once it's dry.
2) You can get an itchy reaction to it like I did.
3) Not easy to remove. Best to use a face cloth to ensure it's all off.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, it works on my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping the itchiness goes away. Then it will be perfect

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails