Sunday, January 19, 2014

Essence Colour & Go - Do You Speak Love 113 and Volumizing Lash Powder

I discovered Essence products years ago when I was in Berlin. The brand is from Germany and their products are good value. When I was visiting a friend in Switzerland, she had one of their nail polishes in the newer packaging and I became obsessed. I love the bottle shape and best of all, it has an extra wide brush!

I made an effort to find essence on my way back to Zurich and luckily they sell it at the Migros at the airport. I bought Do You Speak Love which was a tough decision because all the colours were beautiful. The formula is well pigmented and dries very shiny. Staying power is not great. Mind you I was in a hurry and didn't put on a top coat. Then I had vigorous day of housework and in less than 24 hours, the tips completely flaked off. Still not bad for a cheapie and I'd love to start up a collection of these polishes.

The other Essence product I bought was the volumizing lash powder. It's basically tiny synthetic fibres in a little jar and it comes with a mascara wand. You put on a coat of mascara and while it's still wet, dip the wand lightly on the surface of the fibres and dab onto your lashes. Try to keep your eye closed because the fibres can be irritating. There is alot of fall out. Then apply another coat of mascara and presto! Fuller lashes without the fuss of those gluggy white mascara primers. It gives your mascara a huge boost and can make you look like you're wearing falsies. One pot will last for years and this is so cheap, although other countries sell Essence cheaper. I highly recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails