Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lancome, YSL, Scott Barnes, and Mason Pearson Haul

To qualify this post as "frugalicious", I've included items which are freebies.

Missy Em has been naughty as of late!

I've lemming-ed a Mason Pearson boar bristle hairbrush. Told myself to wait until I was back in UK first but I could'nt resist. Everyone talks about how lovely it makes their hair. It distributes natural hair oil from the roots and makes hair volumised, shiny and soft.

The smallest brush, which is child sized, is priced at $115 AUD from the department stores. I bought mine on Ebay for $63 AUD including shipping. There you go, money saved! ;)

While the hairbrush was in transit, I was getting bored and restless. Noticed that Scott Barnes was on sale on Strawberrynet. Since I've always wanted to try the makeup and it's exxxy in stores here, I succumbed to temptation.

Ordered a Scott Barnes blush palette, concealer compact and an Eye Ice (eyeshadow shimmer).

I was impressed with the slick packaging although the shimmer came in a chunky glass bottle. The neck is so narrow, I can't even dip my socket brush in there! I have to tap the contents out so it's messy.

My second gripe is that the colour Serpentine is EXACTLY the same as the NYX Pearl Mania in Walnut.

I much prefer the packaging of the NYX and it's a fraction of the cost of Eye Ice. Suspect they are identical products but simply rebranded. Goes to show how much you pay is pure markup.

The other Scott Barnes products are lovely. The blush comes in three colours, one is a bronzer. The concealer's creamy and soft, perfect for under the eyes.

All the other products you see above are freebies. I had a Lancome makeover at David Jones tonight and was given a Virtuose mascara and Hydra Zen Yeax eyecream sample.

Also picked up another freebie from the YSL counter, their new Singulier mascara. The claims are ambitious so I can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails