Friday, February 22, 2013

Cutting My Own Fringe/Bangs

Have you seen that P'Trique video "Sh*t Fashion Girls Say"? He was contemplating getting bangs and in the last scene, he's lamenting: "I hate my bangs!!!"

I was exactly the same. I wanted to bangs to cover my huge forehead but don't have much volume around my hairline. After two chickening out twice from cutting my fringe, I bit the bullet and just did it.

There was no trick to it except cut the hair dry and cut it longer than desired. Just in case because it's hard to tell how far hair springs back when it's shorter. I sectioned the hair and snipped across my forehead. There was no going back.

At first I regretted it. My hair did'nt sit in place because it's fine and had a parting. Also it was a little wavy so I had to hairspray it down. My fringe finally accepted it's new style after two weeks.

This is the new me!

I've had it for a week now and got lots of compliments. A few people did'nt recognise me at first. So the bangs is here to stay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails