Sunday, March 22, 2015

L'Oreal EverCurl Hydracharge Cleansing Conditioner Review

I saw this in a supermarket in Buffalo and was intrigued by the idea of a cleansing conditioner. There are lots aimed at the ethnic market but this was a first from L'Oreal. The labelling and packaging looks professional and for less than $7, I had to try it! 

This one is part of a "curl care system". My hair has lost it's curliness due to repeated henna applications but I figure it basically caters for frizzy, fragile and dry hair. 

My ban from buying hair products went out the window. I'm still looking for a conditioner that cleans without leaving behind build up. This stuff is paraben-free, sulfate-free and contains natural botanicals. And the sleek pump bottle would look fab in my shower...am I clutching at excuses here?


Ingredients: Aqua/Water/ Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoamphopropionate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hibiscus Esculentus/Hibiscus Esculentus Seed Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil/Orange Peel Oil.


Is this product better than co-washing with ordinary conditioner? The instructions say to use 8-10 pumps, which I think is too much for my fine hair. I used 6 and it foamed up nicely.  A nice plus. After washing, my hair had less frizz and felt clean.

The downsides however are the reasons why I won't buy this product after I've used it up. It has a chemical scent that's not even of orange peel oil, one of the ingredients. It lingers after my hair has dried. I think it leaves behind build up because my scalp itches a little and my hair looks greasy by the next morning.

The search for the perfect co-washing conditioner continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails