Saturday, March 21, 2015

Vatika Naturals Egg Protein Hair Mask Review

I'm on a new haircare spree because my split ends are driving me crazy. Seems like no matter what I do, I always get them. I guess it's a bane for people with fine hair like me. 

I've always wanted to try this hair mask. I got it from Paks and its so cheap for the amount you get. This tub is 500grams and it only cost £4.99! You can also get it from Amazon and Superdrug online. 

The mask doesn't contain silicones and uses honey and olive and fruit oil to moisturise and egg protein to help strengthen hair. 

This is what the mask looks like. The scent is like a cheap perfume or an incense stick. It smells sweet but has a chemical base note. Those with sensitive noses will probably not like the scent. The texture is very slippery and thick. I use it as a deep conditioning co-wash. I rarely use shampoo nowadays and even after a light oiling or if my hair is really dirty, it still cleans and rinses out well.

 The trick is to emulsify the conditioner with water before rinsing it out. I add water and massage my hair and keep doing that until the conditioner loosens. Then I rinse with warm water. This mask is good for detangling because it's so slippery. It will clean your hair and produce suds. As my weekly treatment, I'll rinse my hair and gently squeeze out the water. Then I'll massage a goop through the roots to the tips and put on a shower cap. I'll sit in a sauna for 10 mins and rinse out.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Honey Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Marrow Extract, Egg Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 19140, Cl 42080, Cl28440, Cl73015, Cl16255, Cl14720.


The final results. I'm so impressed by this mask. It feels like my hair has strengthened and it's insanely soft and shiny. A perfect balance of moisture and protein. The only thing I don't like is the scent. As my hair was air-drying, there was a faint smell of green thai curry. I kid you not! The chemical-like base note remains in my hair after it's dried for a day and then it disappears. My ends feel moisturised and soft. This is the hair I'm MEANT to have :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails