Thursday, January 22, 2009

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque


Just pulled out a tube from six years ago and it's still good!

My skin is mega-oily and after reading rave reviews on Makeup Alley, I HAD to try it. 

I ordered from American Discount Beauty. Queen Helene products are cheap in the US and after the currency exchange, a large tube costs $12 AUD (not including shipping).

The tube was a hefty 8oz or 226.8g. Packaging was nothing fancy. Looks like a common household product but it promises extraordinary benefits such as:

*Relaxes tired muscles and eases tension lines on the face and neck.
*Suction action draws out waste matter from the pores.
* Dries up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and even helps shrink enlarged pores.

The masque is ridiculously thick and mint scented. I even had difficulty squeezing the tube because it's consistency is of pottery clay. It dries quicker than other masks and yes, I did feel the "sucking" action!

It noticeably stiffens as it dries. I was deliciously repulsed by the visible oil extracted from my pores. 

I wash off after half an hour and its a b*tch to remove. A cloth is definitely required as per instructions. I have some deeply enlarged pores on my nose and it was annoying to see tiny green bits of the masque remaining. (Gross, I know.)

The end result? Tightened refined pores and my skin glows! Very impressed with this product. If I remember, I'll use it twice a week to keep the oiliness and pores under control. 

You can also use the masque as an overnight spot treatment.

Rating: 5/5 stars. This product delivers on it's promises. Good value for money and a Godsend for oily skin. I will keep coming back to this HG (Holy Grail) product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails