Sunday, January 18, 2015

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Before And After Review

This is a review for the Elizabeth Arden Daily Youth Restoring Eye Serum capsules. 

I'm conscious of crows feet. A friend who looks fabulous at 40+ uses EA capsules so I wanted to try them out. I found the EA eye serum capsules cheapest on allbeauty.com and used Quidco for an extra 6.5% off.

The capsules come in a pretty gold jar. Push one side of the lid down and it pops open. Push again to close. The instructions say each serum capsule is for one application but I've found it's enough for two. You just need to be careful opening them because a lot of it spills out. 

The ingredients are: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Triisostearyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Dimethicone, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 6 II, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Retinyl Linoleate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Phytantriol, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lecithin, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Ethoxydiglycol, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Polysilicone-11. 

It looks like a mix of oils and silicones with the stuff that makes oils "dry".

To open I pinch the neck and twist off the nib. The serum is a light scentless oil that sinks in or perhaps evaporates quickly. I apply after washing my face in the morning. (I use Missha's snail serum at night.)

I was gobsmacked with the results. After only three applications the wrinkles under my eyes were DRAMATICALLY reduced. I smile and don't get crows feet or crepey skin.  The effect lasts all day. It's like I'm cheating the signs of age!

Check out the pictures below. On the left is what my crows feet look like when I smile. The before shot is not as sharp but you can see I have definite lines. On the right is after my third application of the serum and there hardly any noticeable wrinkles.

The first thing I did was tell my girlfriend and then I bought three more jars. I have to stockpile, even if the anti-aging effect is purely cosmetic.

 Both photos were taken in natural light and I'm not wearing any makeup. I've included my smile to show you the same eye expression.

The only thing I've done to these pictures is adjusted the white balance. There's no filter, blurring or Vaseline on the lens! I haven't been paid to review this product and it was bought with my own money. 

This eye serum a worth a shout out to all the ladies 35+. Botox can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails