Sunday, January 11, 2015

What Henna Looks Like On Asian Hair


I used Jamila BAQ henna mixed with coconut milk, roobois tea and a splash of apple cider vinegar. As you can see the red tinge is subtle, only visible when the light is shining through it. 

The henna was in my hair for 3.5 hours and after rinsing out the henna, my hair felt really dry and knotty. I didn't seem to notice my split ends before but now I can really see then and want to cut them off!

The problem I find with coconut milk is that the colour bleeds too quickly. The henna doesn't seem to hold onto my hair and it runs onto my towel after washing for over a week. Most of the colour is gone in three weeks. I'm not noticing any moisturising benefits with the coconut milk so I won't be using it again. 

My next brew in two weeks will be strong rooibos tea brewed with alma powder for extra acidity. I'm trying to use up the Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Rooibos Tea in my pantry. Next application I'll be using alma and hibiscus tea so stay tuned for the results of this mix!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails