Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara



I'm greedy when it comes to mascara. I want lashes so long and thick that they look like falsies! 

I bought Eyeko mascara from www.asos.com while I was living in London. You can buy it with free international shipping on it's own website though. It's a UK brand but as they package their products anime-style, they could be mistaken for Japanese. This was only £5 and the rest of the range is budget priced too.  

What I like:
- The packaging is so cute. This mascara comes in a squeezable silver tube with hot pink print. 
- It doesn't contain fibres which makes it less irritating for my eyes.
- Priced appropriately so you can most definitely replace every 3 months.
- It does'nt smudge or clump if you apply 2 coats or less.
- Holds a curl which says alot for my stick straight lashes.
- Lashes are soft and very black.
- Lash conditioning formula.

What I DON'T like:
- It's difficult to remove. I lose lashes and tug at my lids to get it off, even when I'm using makeup remover gently. 
- You can't build it up with more than 2 coats without clumps.
- It gives only OK volume and length. Nothing close to Diorshow.
- The brush is shaped like a wide spiral so it does'nt seperate well. I always get mascara under my eyes because the brush does'nt pick up my lower lashes. 

Rating: 3/5 Stars. All for the packaging. The brush and the formula lets down the product as it only gave average results and is difficult to apply evenly.

I'm wearing Eyeko mascara in the NYX Thalia lipstick review below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails