Sunday, January 15, 2012

Korea-Skincare and Makeup Central

Hello from Korea! I got to spend one night in Seoul and the shopping here is amazing.

If the prolific cosmetic stores are any kind of measure, Korean women love their skincare and makeup. How cute are the shop fronts of Etude House and Holika Holika?



In the shopping district where I stayed, there was lots of Missha, Skin Food, The Face Shop, and similar shops. Almost one each on every street!


Most products have super cute packaging. My favorite shop was Etude House because their products were most unique. Got a haul of stuff, erring on the side of practicality. I bought pore treatments and an eyelash serum which I hope can perform miracles. They were kind enough to throw in a few freebies too. Spent less than £20 in there but got suckered at the airport when I wanted to try a snail product.

Yup, you heard me right. The latest skincare trend in Korea is the use of snail slime. I'm not sure of the benefits but just about every brand is pitching this ingredient in their skincare. Despite the mark up at the airport, I bought Missha's Night Mask Treatment with added snail. Will post a review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails