Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ultrasonic Contact Lens Cleaner-The Best Invention Ever

...For those who wear contact lenses!


I have rigid gas permeable lenses which I don't wear that often. They're are a pain to clean and uncomfortable to wear. I get cloudy protein deposits so my optometrist says I need to give them a really hard clean.

So I bought this from Amazon for £17 including shipping and now I have a quick and easy cleaning regime.

Here's what I do:

1) Fill the chamber with saline solution.
2) Remove lens and secure them in the lens basket.
3) Plug in machine (in my hallway because there's no powerpoint in the bathroom) and turn it on. It has two settings, one for daily cleaning which runs for two minutes. And "super clean" which runs for 6 minutes for a weekly clean. When it's on, you can hear a faint hissing/fizzing sound.
4) Back in the bathroom, I rinse my lens case with saline and fill it with conditioning solution (or multi purpose solution).
5) Unplug the machine when the cleaning cycle is over. Pop the lenses in the case and chuck out the saline solution.

So there you go, no mindless rubbing and the whole process takes less than 3 mins. All I need is saline and conditioning solution. You could even skip protein removal because the machine really blasts them clean. I don't have to handle the lenses as much so I'm less likely to lose them. (Or break them which I've done once.)

You can use this machine for all types of contact lenses. I love it so much, I'm wearing my lenses more often now. They feel comfortable and super clean. Much cleaner than I could ever get them myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails